Piermont Grand EC review by City Developments Limited (CDL) is a Singapore-based property and hotel conglomerate, involved in real estate development, hotel ownership and investment as well as facilities management and hospitality solutions. Piermont Grand EC review is the latest EC to be available for sales in 2019.
Founded in 1963, the CDL network spans 80 locations throughout Asia, Europe, the Middle East, North America, New Zealand and Australia. Additionally it has a wholly owned subsidiary in China- CDL China Limited.
City Developments is also one of Singapore’s biggest landlords, letting over 7.8m square feet of office, industrial, retail, residential and hotel space.
Did you know…
- City Developments Limited is South East Asia’s second largest property developer.
- City Developments takes its commitment towards corporate social responsibility seriously, and was the first Singapore company to be listed on all three of the world’s top sustainability benchmarks – the FTSE4 Good Index Series, the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World Index and the Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
- CDL Chairman Kwek Leng Beng’s father left China as a penniless teenager and founded the Hong Leong Group in Singapore.
- Kwek Leng Beng started out running the Copthorne King’s hotel on Havelock Road, seeing the development through from scratch. The land where it sits cost S$980,000 back in 1968, but is estimated to be worth a cool $30m today – and is still the chairman’s favourite hotel.
- Kwek Leng Beng once jointly bought New York’s iconic Plaza Hotel from Donald Trump. In 1995, he and Saudi billionaire Prince Alwaleed acquired the hotel in a complex transaction that valued it at US$325m; about US$75m less than Donald Trump had paid in 1988. They subsequently sold it in 2004, for US$675m.